07 October, 2013

by Unknown | Filed Under : , ,
Artist Unknown
Dear Friends,

I am still standing amazed at the moment with events that have happened within the last hour. There was quite a bit of confusion about my profile on Facebook. I'm known, of course, as "Bri Conjure" (now "Brother-Bri Conjure") and there just so happens to be another Bri in the Hoodoo community. Miss Bri Saussy of Milagro Roots is a Lucky Mojo Certified Practitioner and a member of AIRR. Little did I know, right? Heh.

So, after several bouts of confusion, it was high time that I got in touch with Miss Bri. We both knew that I wasn't doing this to copy her, in fact, the entire conversation was as cool as a cucumber. With her "expertise"/experience, she gave me advice on how to better myself and better my future business. Now, originally I named my business "Conjure Roots", which added even more to the "Bri/Roots" confusion. So, with her help and guidance by the Holy Spirit, I renamed my future business to "Holy Ghost Conjure". Even Miss Cat Yronwode, from Lucky Mojo, was confused! I was so embarrassed!

Now, how was that "receiving Divine favor"?

Let me tell you part of the story that led up to the last three days of my spiritual journey. For the past 13 years I had left my roots (raised Pentecostal Holiness) and started a journey into Witchcraft. I have many friends that are Witches/Warlocks and love them dearly. However, since the 28th of September, I knew that I was being ready to set foot on a deeper spiritual walk. I chose the name "Ba'alat Ov" which in Hebrew means "necromancer, witch". I was following the path of Hekate and the Greek Pantheon. I had talked with a new FB friend, Aunt Elizabeth Ruth. (She's a Spiritual Aunt in every sense of that phrase for me.) That woman is a sure-fire God-fearin' woman. She instilled a sweet desire to return home for me. I fought it, but I could no longer fight after a time. I cried. Tears of cleansing from the utmost bottom of my soul came pouring out through my physical eyes. I cried the Name of Jesus for the first time in years. His Mercy came rushing to my soul and set me free to travel the road back home. Praise His Holy Name!

So it's been three days, friends, three days. Today was the day that Miss Bri and I spoke. We worked things out and all was well. As a result, she mentioned that we should write a post together. Now, I'm only 26 years old, 13 of that I've spent away from my roots, and today, a respected member of the Hoodoo Community decided she wants to write a post with me about resolving conflicts in the Hoodoo Community. I was like, "God, are you for real?! You're talking about a young man in the process of returning to his roots and you've sent him a situation in which he must have been Divinely favored to have a well-respected member of that community to want to write a collaborative post with him."

With that said, I truly do feel that I am "Receiving Divine Favor". I look forward to the collaborative post and the opportunity to grow on my journey. Lord, I love thee! Blessed be the Name of the Lord!

1 comments:

Sleeping Gypsy said...

Amen Brother Bri! I am so happy for you! You are as a lamb that has returned! Yay! :)